Quality Personnel your independent local Recruitment experts - search and start applying!
- Full Time
- Reference: 032799
A market leading manufacturer of electronics components is recruiting for an experienced Test Development Engineer to facilitate design, development and support of test systems for specialist products designed and manufactured by the company.
- Plan and perform project work related to the design of in-house test equipment and ancillary departmental systems (Hardware & Software) as specified by the Test Development Manager.
- Provide primary Test Platform software development/support across department including Verification and Validation section.
- Maintain good documentation and other associated records to Test Project Development
- Implement plans for new work as required by the Test Development Manager
- Supervise Electronic Technicians within the department.
- Ensure that development work, including that carried out by Technicians, is up to the required standard
- Ensure the correct and up to date documentation to be used for production, including that generated by subordinates
- Provide technical support to other departments on matters related to Test Engineering systems in development
- Maintain parametric data on test parameters in a variety of forms, text file, database or binary file
- Provide support where necessary to any ancillary projects existing and new, undertaken by Test Engineering
- Facilitate repair and calibration of Test systems where required
The successful candidate will effectively perform the duties of a Test Development Engineer, Individuals must be able work well in a team and on their own initiative. Must be educated to degree level or equivalent in electronics or a similar subject. Familiarity with principles of testing of power and wound components as well as experience in programming/ software development within an engineering environment is required.
Understanding of mechanical design, particularly in the area of test fixture design is essential. Must be IT literate, have experience with NI TestStand and be familiar with Sequence development and knowledge of C or other NET language.
Experience in developing Process Models in NI TestStand and PCB design would be an advantage. Knowledge of Automotive Standards TS16949 (IATF 16949) and automation, particularly in a Manufacturing/Test Environment is desirable but not essential.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Quality Personnel (acting as an Employment Agency and Business), based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
To apply please email your CV in Word format.
If you do not hear back from us within 1 week, we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please don’t let this stop you applying for other roles you may be suitable for. Quality Personnel based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire are an equal opportunities Employer acting as an Employee Agency and Business.
Supplying temporary, permanent and contract workers within Industrial, Office and Engineering sectors - please keep up-to-date with all our opportunities by following us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or why not sign-up for job alerts on our own website.
Please login or register to apply for this job.